Market My Business shared a post.
Because You Know It Makes Sense
When it comes to marketing SME’s don’t have the ad budgets or the staff let alone the time that bigger companies have but they can ‘box clever’ when it comes to Organic SEO.
Budgets don’t matter when it comes to search engines like Google and SEO is a great way to level the playing field and steal market share.
It’s all about being ‘out there’ and proud, telling the world about your products and services and creating your brand awareness.
You want your customer to believe that your company are the ‘go to’ people in your industry without spending massive budgets and here’s some hints for how might do that:
Let your customers know that you exist
- Good branding/corporate identity and message
- Excellent Website (mobile ready)
- Corporate Brochure
- Good photography
- Corporate Video
- Video Tutorials
- Social Media
- E-zines and Newsletters
- Testimonials & Case Studies
- And on and on and on I could go……
Like a puppy SEO is for Life NOT just for Christmas
Make a Plan
- Plan and create digital marketing strategy.
In-bound Links – Focus on your customer
- Create a fantastic website experience with great content for your customers.
- Great content attracts great links, especially when you promote it and leverage social SEO channels of distribution. If it’s good for your potential customers, odds are it’s good for SEO too.
Commit regular time to SEO
- Keep up to date with current events and what your competitors are up to.
Researching your keywords is essential
- Know the keywords and key-phrases people are using to search for the products and services you are offering.
- For internal links avoid using CLICK ME or CLICK HERE. Use natural language instead i.e. Fantastic Spring offers
Time is of the essence – Patience is a virtue!
- Keep an eye on reports to see where your traffic is coming from – making changes where necessary.
Think about a PPC campaign
- If you don’t have the patience to wait then you could try a Google AdWords PPC campaign.
- This costs money but be realistic with budgets if you want to be top.
- Remember to monitor everything.
Use search engine friendly URLs
- Place relevant keywords in URL folders and filenames will help rank your pages higher. (Make sure to use hyphens rather than an underscore in filenames. Hyphens are treated as spaces by most search engines whereas underscores are not)
- Research the social media that will be most relevant to your business.
- When you’ve decided, make sure to take time to set it up properly, post regularly and publish relevant content often.
- Keep it fresh and relevant
Inbound Link Generation
- Links from your website don’t really matter.
- INBOUND links, or links from other websites are what count.
Your Website is Your Shop Window
Make it Sexy: First impressions are crucial and the importance of a good website cannot be overestimated.
Make it Easy: Your website must represent your business well, must be easy to navigate, create a ‘Killer’ first customer experience and very importantly these days, be mobile responsive (remember that over 70% of smartphone users will access your website on their phone – if your site isn’t mobile ready you will lose customers).
Plan It: When building a website, planning is key! Plan your website navigation well.
Speed is Key: Apart from improving your customer’s experience, Google have introduced speed to their ranking. Don’t make customers wait!
Link It: Internal links help with SEO, also adding to the user experience and gives them an add on value.
Take advantage of Local Search: 63% of consumers use search engines to research information about local companies. Optimise for this.
- Do not scrimp on photography, especially if you are selling on line.
- Allocate a budget to a professional product photo shoot it will pay off tenfold in the long run and make your look far more professional.
Content is Key – Write for your customers not just for GOOGLE
- Create content that is interesting and relevant to your customers. Nothing more annoying than bombarding your customers with useless content generated just for SEO – they’ll leave and never come back.
- Remember that Search Engines can’t buy anything from you, ONLY customers can do that!
- Be unique and be yourself! Tell your story and make it interesting.
- Turn everything into content:
- Generate video tutorials for your product
- Generate a corporate video
- Write Case Studies & Testimonials
- Blogging – A great way to promote your business and your industry knowledge.
- Google and other search engines love active websites.
- Posting regular new content will attract Google back more often to crawl your website for information, picking up keywords viewed on their SERPs (search engine results pages).
Showcase your Knowledge
- WOW your customers with information. Make sure they know that you’re an authority.
- Get out there and teach your customer. Teaching is the perfect way to make sales.
- Local Advertising creates customer loyalty
- Good content and photographs will get you free editorial
- Sponsoring a local event or fund-raiser can give your website the volumes of traffic your campaign is looking for.
Analyse Everything – Google Analytics is FREE!
- Google analytics is absolutely essential for tracking and reviewing all activity to your website.
- By using Google Analytics you can measure all activity in detail:
- Unique visits, returning visitors, visit duration, bounce rates,
- Referral traffic, mobile visits, pages viewed, social metrics, conversion rates etc.
Email Marketing – A vital part of your digital marketing strategy
- Growing and categorising your customer and potential customers email lists is very important
- Collecting data helps you to reach your customers.
- Always remember to add value to your customers through your email campaigns i.e. offers, discounts etc.
- Mobile users are increasing every day and open rates on mobile devices are constantly getting higher so make sure your email design is responsive and looks good on mobile.
Now that is a lot to take in and a lot to do by yourself and that’s where we can help with all or some of your marketing. Market My Business offers SME’s a practical outsourced marketing department to help all SME’s with their marketing, whatever the budget. Contact us now:
t: (01) 697 8380 w: marketmybusiness.ie e: email@example.com